Fort Worth, Texas

We show dogs and so we ship dogs very frequently, some as often as two weekends a month. We also ship dogs domestically for breeding, and internationally when sold. It is rare that I have been turned down at the Cargo office for a crate they deem "too small". I have a crate from Australia that is slightly smaller than a #300 that I have had for 10-12 years I believe. I use it extensively because it is taller than the standard domestic #200. Apparently the Louisville cargo office has a high rate of turning down dogs to ship, citing a crate is too small. This specific office has refused return shipping for dogs flown IN to their facility. Speaking to the manager (Sean/Ron whatever) makes no difference. His viewpoint is that ALL the OTHER cargo offices are in violation for allowing dogs to ship in the wrong size crates and he is just upholding the rules. My current show dog has been flown/shipped IN THAT EXACT same crate six times this year without question. Today, when trying to get her home (after flying her in there 10 days ago) she was refused.

American is the hub at DFW but I have choices. I will continue to choose Delta from now on. They have a better safety rate for animals and utilize come common sense.

It's not like I am trying to stuff a Clydesdale into a dog crate!

Had an Experience with American Airlines Cargo?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion