Review about American Airlines Cargo Shipping Animals from Fort Worth, Texas
We show dogs and so we ship dogs very frequently, some as often as two weekends a month. We also ship dogs domestically for breeding, and internationally when sold. It is rare that I have been turned down at the Cargo office for a crate they deem "too small". I have a crate from Australia that is slightly smaller than a #300 that I have had for 10-12 years I believe. I use it extensively because it is taller than the standard domestic #200. Apparently the Louisville cargo office has a high rate of turning down dogs to ship, citing a crate is too small. This specific office has refused return shipping for dogs flown IN to their facility. Speaking to the manager (Sean/Ron whatever) makes no difference. His viewpoint is that ALL the OTHER cargo offices are in violation for allowing dogs to ship in the wrong size crates and he is just upholding the rules. My current show dog has been flown/shipped IN THAT EXACT same crate six times this year without question. Today, when trying to get her home (after flying her in there 10 days ago) she was refused.
American is the hub at DFW but I have choices. I will continue to choose Delta from now on. They have a better safety rate for animals and utilize come common sense.
It's not like I am trying to stuff a Clydesdale into a dog crate!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- American Airlines Cargo Shipping Animals
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I called Frontier Airlines after making a reservation online and explained to them that I selected Feb. 20th for a departure and instead was selected for Feb 21st which was..."
- " While traveling from BWI to New York during the Christmas holiday a few years ago with my young daughter, I encountered an Amtrak conductor with what appeared to be..."
- "I reserved a flight, within 12 hours, I had to cancel and could not get ahold of anyone. I emailed and got a response telling me I had to call..."
- "Salad tasted great, but very disappointed the way I received it.Picture shows age on the unsliced avacado (picture shows fresh sliced in store). Presented very sloppy. It's a great..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "We bought laminated flooring for two rooms and a hallway from Empire about two years ago and we started having problems with it right away. The salesman told us that..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."